Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Wine Tasting

So I went wine tasting at King Estates. One of the larger and better wineries in Oregon. Of course, I don't really know what I'm talking about.

Pinot Gris

I do know a few other things though: I do not like wine people. Any number of times I could have slapped the guy pouring our wine and the yuppie scum schmoozing next to our party. But I also know this: I kind of like the fact that because wineries try so hard to impress these kind of people, they happily give many a glass of wine to people like myself.

Wine Pinot Noir Flight

There's also food. Good food. I was most impressed by the seared scallops.
Seared Scallops
The tortilla espanola was mighty tasty as well.
Tortilla Espanola

The food in the Northwest is almost impossible to beat. Hell, the drink is also hard to match as well. Why the hell do I not live here. Oh yes, the snacks are inferior. The street culture doesn't exist and the ritual of eating is lacking. I can't wait to eat on the sweaty, sometimes smelly, and dirty streets. I look forward to being presented with new cullinary expreiences right out of my front door.

No comments: