Thursday, September 20, 2007

Street Meats


It seems that the food blogosphere is flooded with sexy food being eaten by sexy people. That is all fine and good if that's what you find interesting. I do sometimes. Conversely, I also enjoy the less sexy gutter grub. I don't eat loads of street meats as there are a lot of other things I would rather eat. That said, I do on occasion visit a meat mobile, as do many Thais. These flavors are not interesting nor complex, just a quick rich snack. There's a time and a place for this. Yesterday was such a day. On the way home from a hectic bike (as in bicycle) ride I found this stand in front of my house. It was meant to be.

What you see is what you get: Pork with a little savory seasoning. Nothing fancy. But from where exactly? Innards I suppose. Any ideas?

I took some simple pork in a bag. Six sticks helped make dinner obsolete.

2 comments:

Meud said...

Hi a,

Mostly, the on-stick grilled pork is 'sirloin' or 'loin'. However, being honest with you, some irresponsible shop may use leftover meat which can be from any parts of the pig.

This snack is one of Thais' favorite. They usually have them with sticky rice, so it can full fill and good for on the run.

How was the taste?

thai people said...

I like asia street meat same same you. Sweety hi-so street meat aroi mak mak, kha. (^u^)