Thursday, January 10, 2008

Snack a Day 2008, Snack #10: Tako

I sort of snuck up on today's snack. An unfamiliar vendor, on a familiar road, delivered a familiar snack.

I've blogged about this snack before, but a version with different dimensions. These puddings came in little ceramic teacups. This type of vendor often roams the streets, stopping only to sell a styrofoam container full of calories. Delicious ones at that.

On the way home I passed the local government school and a boy in a scout uniform, maybe twelve or so, called me Farang kee nok, or "bird shit foreigner." Disappointing, but not uncommon. Kind of ruined my snack.

3 comments:

Kaela said...

Sorry to hear about the insult. It's funny how that 'sticks and stones' saying is just untrue.

Meud said...

I'm sorry with you too. Well, all kids are grown up differently. Please pity them.

Anonymous said...

There are black sheep everywhere. When we were vacationing in Phuket, one American man told my husband to F... O.., and that of course ruined our holiday.