Saturday, January 12, 2008

Snack a Day 2008, Snack #12: Gai yang

Midnight was fast approaching and no snack had presented itself. After a bit of frantic searching, it appeared that it would be street meat. Joy. Things were quiet at the local Isaan stand, and the choice of meat was slim.

It was between chicken and fish.

Chicken was the winner. The chicken from this stand is in fact the best chicken I have ever tasted. It's a bit of a mystery as to how it is so moist, so rich. It might be basted in pork fat, but I'm not sure. Maybe I don't want to know.

This was a bit of an off night. It was delicious as usual, but a little undercooked. A few sketchy pieces were discarded for I hope to still be well enough to do another snack tomorrow.

1 comment:

CresceNet said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.