Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snack a Day 2008, Snack #17: Crepe

Today seemed like the perfect opportunity to dwell on ideas of authenticity. I tried to remember something of the writings of Kierkegaard, Heidegger, or Sartre I had spent all that time reading years ago. All I could immediately recall was Soren Kierkegaard's father raising his fist in the air and cursing god only to be cursed back. Damn. A quick and easy little rant would suffice, but when I pondered how to approach this topic my head spun. Oh well. Maybe next time. Maybe one of my lovely readers has something to say about this. On to the food.

Today was a break from bugs, meats, and coconut inspired desserts. Yes, it was time for a crepe.


This stand sets up in front of 7-11 every evening. If you don't want a crepe, you can sate yourself with a sausage or maybe some chicken, though there are certainly better places to get those things.


Here's my crepe in progress. I opted for banana and chocolate. My friend the fruit vendor came over to see what I was getting and I was only a little embarrassed. He did seem amused. Maybe it was all the picture taking.


Here it is in all its glory. Not so bad really, but certainly not great. This one was my second ever. Will likely be my last.

No comments: