Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Snack a Day 2008, Snack #23: Kanom bang


Yeah, it's a big piece of toast okay? I call it "The Big Toast." Today was the first time I have ever personally purchased one. If I'm not mistaken I've had "the big toast" with satay on occasion, and once underneath a mound of artificially colored and flavored ice. Lovely. Today was just toast.

You see, toast, or anything for that matter, tastes much better when cooked over a fire.

There are a number of fresh condiments at this toast mobile: margarine, sugar, jam, spicy paste, and sweetened condensed milk.

Here's the takeaway in my kitchen: toast with sweetened condensed milk and sugar for two.

In other bread product related news, it looks like Austin over at Realthai has been busy today as well. Essential reading.

3 comments:

Kaela said...

I'm glad you're sharing even the boring snacks. It's really giving me an idea of just how many choices of street food you actually have.

a said...

Boring!? No way, this is exciting!

Kaela said...

Well... big street toast is pretty *funny*... sounds fairly good to eat... and is probably filling... but you must face it: it is a boring snack. ;)