Sunday, January 6, 2008

Snack a Day 2008, Snack #6: Khao Niao Moon

On the way to the Chao Phraya River Boat express at Saphan Thaksin, I came across this pre-breakfast snack. It's Khao Niao Moon: Sticky rice with different things! Let's have a look.

You have some choices.

You can have black or white sticky rice with coconut, dried fish, or custard.
The Khao Niao Dam sangkaya (black rice with custard) looked appealing.

The rice was undercooked and very sweet. Not great but it held me over until breakfast.

If you're a regular reader you might recognize this snack as I've posted about this before here and also here wherein I pointed out the earth friendly wrappers. It certainly beats a plastic bag!

2 comments:

Xander said...

Wow, that looks delicious- I really love black sticky rice, and the leaf wrappers make a beautiful presentation.

I just found your blog when searching for "Thai black jelly". Your blog is great! I'll definitely be coming back- I'm still fairly new to Bangkok, and I'll take any local eating advice I can get. -X

a said...

Hey, thanks xander!
Actually I've been over at your blog as well and really like what you do. Your comment reminded me to go back more often.

I'm very happy to give advice but also still very receptive to it as well.

Thanks for stopping by.