Friday, August 22, 2008

Bar Guide Revisited


Out of the blue a couple of weeks ago I recieved an email from a reader offering me a copy of the Round The World Bar Guide by Lawrence Blochman. Of course I wanted it, as my aunt owns the copy I wrote about. I am eternally grateful to this dear individual.

The unemployment rate may be high, the econmoy may be in the toilet, but at least we can always count on alcohol to really destroy our lives. Who's thirsty? Look forward to strange cocktail recipes in the near future!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

>>alcohol to really destroy our lives<<

Everything in moderation a! We're proud to say, We're not just foodies, we're boozies too!' :-)

I'm so jealous, and not just bec. you live where a bottle of Bombay does NOT cost U$45!

a said...

Of course! I do think we'd get along.

I seem to remmeber buying a large bottle of Bombay at duty free in Vietnam a couple years ago. It was a third the price of what we would have (not) paid in Thailand.