Friday, September 19, 2008

Send Gifts

A package arrived on Thursday from my wonderful grandparents. It said "Perishable." This was a good sign.

Let's cut to the chase.

Three large Reed avocados greeted me. They are huge.

I used one this Friday evening. As I was all alone, it was a simple affair. My trusty tortilla press helped me quickly produce a vehicle for the enormous bowl of guacamole. Why are you still buying tortillas? Get a tortilla press now!

I don't follow recipes for this sort of thing. Avocado, onion, garlic, tomato, lime, salt, pepper, and mix. Use whatever proportions you like.

I'm reminded of a time when I would have killed for an avocado or a burrito. Oh wait, I guess I did... Maybe my readers in America will find this post dull. It certainly is light on content! But I wonder what the international readers think? Writing about Thai snacks, I used to get a lot of comments like "Wow, it looks so amazing!" Or: "I would love to try that someday!" Etc. I assure you, this is no less less good than some "exotic" treat from the streets of some "exotic" land. It's all about perspective I suppose. Although, the street scene here is admittedly dull. I also baked a strawberry pie today. That was pretty swell too. I going to get fat.

3 comments:

nicklally said...

I wonder what delicious snacks you have in store for me tomorrow!

a said...

how about guacamole?

nicklally said...

the guacamole was to die for. i will definitely be coming back.