Sunday, October 19, 2008

Taco Truck In West Oakland: El Milagro

West Oakland: 53 Liquor Stores, no grocery stores. The sight of a taco truck gave me pause.

El Milagro is situated in front of the empty Grand Food building. You can no longer buy groceries here, but tacos are available. Not a suitable replacement, as much as it pains me to admit.

My order? A very large veggie burrito. The menu had the usual suspects of tacos, tortas, and even ceviche tostadas. Maybe next time. Today I was more interested in the landscape than the food.

A few things you should know about West Oakland can be learned here.

If you're still hungry, give El Milagro a try.

El Milagro Taqueria
2608 Market St
Oakland, CA 94607
(510) 271-1801

1 comment:

caitlin said...

This is a great photo. I am a graduate student in urban and regional planning. I'm doing my thesis on food deserts in West Oakland, and this photo embodies pretty much everything I am studying.