Monday, December 15, 2008

Accidental Tripas or Tacos Sinaloa Revisited


I went wandering around East Oakland this weekend to take pictures. I often return to East Oakland to capture this vibrant, gritty, and diverse neighborhood. On this day I failed to get many photos but I did get some tacos. The weather was also turning south, so when my hunger crept up on me I took refuge at a favorite taco truck and was reminded why it is a favorite.

I heartily recommend you visit Tacos Sinaloa, which you can read about here. This time around I went with the tripas, which is quickly becoming my go to order. I don't really know what it is about tripas. If it's done right, you get a rather complex richness that you just don't get with any of your other standard meats. And because this is tripa, you get a little something else that's kinda hard to explain. Those of you who eat innards on occasion know exactly what I'm talking about!

Tacos in Oakland: $1.25. Tacos with tripa: $1.50. The extra quarter is worth it. You owe it to yourself.

Tacos Sinaloa
2138 International Blvd
Oakland, CA 94606
(510) 535-1206

1 comment:

Xander said...

I've never eaten tripas before. You make it sound pretty tempting-- that photo certainly looks delicious.

I think you should still go ahead with your planned post on fruit-- I'd like to read it, and compare thoughts. -X