Monday, December 29, 2008

Taco Truck: El Ojo de Agua



Today I continued my taco quest at the excellent El Ojo de Agua. If you're a BART rider you're in luck because this truck sits just a stone's throw away from the Fruitvale station. On this day I walked about eight miles before eating. A good idea before eating such caloric fare.



As is my habit, I ordered tacos de tripa. While the tripa itself was not better than what I recently had at Tacos Sinaloa, the toppings and condiments more than made up for it. Let's have a look.

My stomach made nervous sounds upon the realization of what was in store. The tacos were topped with the tripa, red and green salsas, fresh onions, cucumbers and radishes, pickled carrots and jalapenos, and the highlight, whole grilled onions. The generous toppings and condiments put El Ojo de Agua high on my taco truck list. It belongs on yours as well.

El Ojo de Agua
3132 E 12th St
Oakland, CA 94611
(510) 535-9310

1 comment:

Zaring said...

Gill truck offers Truck Towing service Toronto with 24 hrs truck towing service, Mobile Truck & Trailer repair , Mobile Truck Repair and Mobile Truck Repair Mississauga. Provides service and repair facility serving the toronto market for years and is the first choice by most commercial accounts as their fleet service provider.