Friday, April 17, 2009

One Big Asparagus

Oh ho ho ho oh what a big one
I've never seen one as big as that before
Oh ho ho ho oh what a big one
It must be fourteen inches long or more!

- Judge Dread

IMG_1068.jpg

Vegetable fertilization is a growing pass time round here. From garden to table in a matter of minutes is rather exhilarating. I can't afford to eat in most buzzed about Bay Area restaurants that serve up fresh/local/humane etc, but I can occasionally splurge on some nice produce. Or maybe if I'm lucky, I can find the above right in my own backyard. The other week, one and only one huge asparagus graced the garden. This called for some rather non-drastic action.

Pristine ingredients need very little help. A quick chop,

IMG_1076.jpg

into the pan with a little oil, garlic, and salt and it was ready to top a salad for two.

IMG_1090.jpg
There's nothing else to say really. This isn't rocket science, but it is delicious.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

That asparagus is verging on obscene...

a said...

yeah, that was the whole point

SC said...

Yikes! I didn't know asparagus got that big. How did it taste?

a said...

SC
Like asparagus! Excellent of course.

jane said...

aaron!

you are...filthy!

xo