Monday, May 25, 2009

Sunday Brunch

My other half is currently in Thailand for a few weeks and I'm thinking about food. While I may be suffering from a certain case of loneliness there's also the jealousy factor. Jealous because I know very well what I am missing food wise. Lucky for me my friend threw a fantastic and very American brunch on Sunday and at the time there was nowhere else I would have rather been and there was nothing else I would have rater been eating. Honest.

There was delicious french toast topped with yogurt and fresh seasonal berries.
IMG_2701.jpg

There were buckwheat pancakes with the same toppings as the french toast.
IMG_2716.jpg

There were chilaquiles, or Gringoquiles as I called them.
IMG_2707.jpg

There was an array of drinks including coffee, orange juice, champagne, white wine, beer, an later on, fine American whiskey.

Everyone was happy and well fed. Maybe a bit overfed but nobody was complaining.
IMG_2727.jpg IMG_2734.jpg IMG_2722.jpg

The food and the company was so good that it lasted all day and well into the night. Brunch became second brunch and eventually dinner. If that wasn't nice, I don't know what is.

3 comments:

Robert H said...

Mmm... jealous.

Boots in the Oven said...

Looks wonderful - the perfect way to spend a Sunday, with buckwheat and whiskey!

a said...

is there really any other way to enjoy buckwheat?