Saturday, February 13, 2010

Toronado, Pliny the Elder, Rosamunde Sausage

Whenever anyone visits me here in Oakland, I try to fulfill their tourist dreams of the bay area. That is to say we go to San Francisco.

One of my favorite places to take people is to Toronado, which is one of the finest beer bars in America. To make a great thing even better, a great sausage establishment resides next door and the neighbors have a great relationship. You are more than welcome to order yourself a dog and bring it into the bar as there's almost nothing that goes better with beer than a delicious gourmet sausage.
IMG_2626.jpg
Each and every time I visit Toronado I grab myself a pint of Pliny the Elder. Produced by the excellent Russian River Brewing, Pliny the Elder is one of my very favorite beers. This is just about the perfect IPA, yet not particularly easy to find on tap. A Pint of Pliny and a sausage is one of my very favorite culinary outings in the whole of San Francisco. Come visit me.

Toronado
547 Haight St
San Francisco, CA 94117
(415) 863-2276
www.toronado.com

Rosamunde Sausage Grill
545 Haight Street
San Francisco, CA 94117
(415) 437-6851
www.rosamundesausagegrill.com

5 comments:

Robert H said...

It is pretty much settled that we are going here next time we are down.

a said...

I'm ready!

Robert H said...

An email went out from my local beer supplier on Friday that they had Russian River back in stock. I went on Sunday and they were gone. Bah!

Their stuff is surprisingly hard to get these days.

mr.mlopez said...

Ahem. You have an official blogger stalker. See, I recently moved in from (East) L.A. as a transfer student here at Cal, and after roaming Telegraph and Bancroft up and down for some time not really exploring the whole Bay Area scene which includes S.F., your blog....well, let's just say I have regained my social life.
P.S.
I haven't seen the tamale ladies outside the Berkeley Bowl parking lot but hopefully one day I will hunt them down!!

a said...

Welcome Mr.mlopez

Good luck finding the tamale lady. If you find her, let me know. I imagine she was shoved into a windowless van and driven far out into the countryside and left by the side of the highway by the restaurant lobby.

happy eating!