Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mariscos La Costa

A recommendation online for a great, cheap locale for ceviche and tacos gave life a brief spark of meaning. My current furlough from work and a beautiful day meant it was time for a leisurely ride across town to put on the feed bag. I called a fellow taco lover and off we went.

We wanted to check out the reportedly excellent ceviche at Mariscos La Costa. Granted, the pulpo, or octopus ceviche was suggested, but I wanted to start simple.
IMG_3931.jpg
We got ourselves a round of the pescado, or fish ceviche tostadas. Refreshing, limey, and great for a hot day. I let my companion take the lead and order us a round of lengua and al pastor tacos.
IMG_3933.jpg
In his words, perfectly serviceable. These are dollar tacos folks. What more is there to say? You will not find a cheaper taco, but you might want to.

This was all very cheap. Two ceviche tostadas and four tacos came to a grand total of $9.50. This is a great place to go if you want a lot of food, but don't have a lot of money. I'd like to return soon for some of the higher ticket items.

Mariscos La Costa
3625 International Blvd
Oakland, CA 94601
(510) 533-9566

But we wanted more, and I wanted to show my friend better.

We cycled down road for about five minutes and did a bit of a repeat. Two ceviche tostdas, and this time, two fish tacos. I'll say no more about the second establishment, as I've mentioned it before. You be the judge.
IMG_3938.jpg

1 comment:

Scotsman said...

I love Ceviche, there is a really cheap Peruvian place that serves a really good Ceviche for a fantastic price, but the wife won't allow me to have it myself if she isn't having any due to the effects the garlic has on her happiness.

Another reason for loving the Peruvian restaurant, other than the good food at a good price of course, is the fact that across the road is a great little Mexican street taco counter. 2 loves served at the same time.