Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Welcome Home Burrito at The Little Chihuahua

I feel dirty. It's not the thick layer of grime that sticks to my body after a lengthy ride down America's west coast. No, I've been cheating on my favorite burrito places and now I have a new favorite.

A short thirty five mile ride home, shower, and it was out the door for a burrito I had craved for the last couple hundred miles. It was gone before I knew it and I imagined eating another.
IMG_5941.jpg
Above is a vivisected garlic and shrimp burrito from The Little Chihuahua.  Everything inside from the black beans, rice, avocado, and pico de gallo are all solid, but the real star of the show is the quality shrimp. The folks at The Little Chihuahua use only CleanFish shrimp, so it tastes better than your everyday commercial shrimp, and it also comes to your plate with a lower impact upon our irreparably battered planet.

For the last couple of years I've been hitting a handful of burrito places in the Mission, and this is the first one outside that area that's got me hooked. What's more, I don't even think about my previous favorites any longer. Instead of a grimy, festive, and old school joint, I find myself sitting in a rather clean and modern interior. Surrounded mostly by white people, I don't hear any Spanish. Alarm bells would usually sound. But the burritos are a religious experience. 

I'm sorry Taqueria Cancun, El Faralito, and Pancho Villa. I really am. I will try and visit you soon.

The Little Chihuahua
292 Divisidero Street
San Francisco, CA 94117
www.thelittlechihuahua.com

No comments: