Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Chinese Food?

Once a week I tutor a group of Chinese students at San Francisco State University. As food is one of my favorite subjects, I've started working lunch into our weekly meetings. A few weeks back I decided to join them at "Asia Express" come lunch time. One of the things they suggested I try was the MaPo Tofu. It's a dish I am familiar with but feel that good versions are lacking in the area.  They assured me this one was good.
IMG_7720.JPG
Well, um. It just kinda looked and tasted like what I affectionately call "mall Chinese food" if you catch my drift. Just yesterday I again asked one of the women about the food and she assured me that it was "really good".  I'm still scratching my head.

3 comments:

hillary said...

Take random American, put them in another country, and ask them to show you good American food.

a said...

maybe I'm not random enough, but it always tasted off and I always said as much.

mikaljains said...

Your post is really a good one. thanks for sharing. If you want to know about Juicers so you can visit below :

Juicers