Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Deep Fried Pork

IMG_9893.JPG
Not all thai food is curries and noodles. Today's ill advised late breakfast/early lunch was a a good example of this. I made moo thawt or fried pork. It's not just plainly fried but rubbed in spices first. I cut a half a pound or so of pork steak into thin strips and rubbed with a pounded mixture of white peppercorns, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, ground nutmeg, and seeds from two cardamom pods. I added the spices and a few splashes of light soy sauce. I let them get to know each other for a half hour or so before throwing them into hot oil. The spices and the meat cooked together in a loving embrace.

When cooked, I served up the pork with rice and the the sriracha sauce from yesterday. This pork would have been great shared with other people along with some other dishes. Beer would have been great as well but I abstained as I usually try and avoid beer before eleven in the morning.
IMG_9901.JPG
This calorie hit had me thinking that I would not soon be hungry. As usual I was wrong.

No comments: