Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Khao Soi

IMG_9467.JPG
Today I made Khao Soi, a dish that gets a lot of fanfare online and in print. A few years ago I briefly blogged about it here and here. Far better and more informed writers have tackled this subject so I recommend that you see what they have to say and get an idea about what Khao Soi is. A well written and informative article on the subject can be read here.  And if that's not enough, go ahead and google it and you'll be presented with a wealth of information. Don't you just love the internet?

As much as I like Khao soi, and after knowing it for a few years, I'm still trying to decide if it has any hope of living up to all the hype. Today's bowl had very little chance of living up to memories or expectations, but it was a pleasure to make and a greater pleasure to eat. My stomach is currently rumbling meaning that I must have done something right.
IMG_9462.JPG
You can get decent Khao soi at a couple of the better Thai restaurants in the bay area. The question now is whether I ever will again.

No comments: