Friday, June 10, 2011

In the Kitchen

Once a dry spell begins, it's kind of difficult to start publishing posts again. I feel like there's a lot I want to say, give some interesting advice, and or provide interesting content. Yesterday's breakfast put to rest such thoughts. I woke up with a headache and a dark outlook. There was leftover cornbread so I started to make one of my very favorite breakfasts.

I fried an egg sunny side up, placed it on fried cornbread, and smothered it in maple syrup. I got my camera and was grumbling about how I was wasting my time and life with these photos when my housemate suggested that I just embrace it. So I did.
IMG_2176.jpg
Looking down upon my morning meal I was reminded of my love of food and food photography. It's not high art, but it's something. I've spent the better part of a year finding myself frustrated by the dining scene in San Francisco to the point of paralysis. I find solace in the kitchen, and occasionally something to make me smile.

3 comments:

Hanie said...

what kind of camera/ lens do you use? Your photos are really nice. Love the way the maple syrup fills in the holes in the egg. They look absolutely scrumptious!

a said...

I currently shoot with a canon 50d. I've been using it for over a year and a half and it's a great camera. The lens for this shot was a sigma 30 1.4. I like to shoot with prime lenses because you can get great image quality. However, I'm blessed with great natural light in my kitchen, so that is a huge advantage. Hope this helps.

Hanie said...

It's great help - thank you so much!